Transform4Europe Chair Exchange
Teaching staff mobility
Winter semester 2022/2023
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Transform4Europe Chair Exchange Initiative will contribute to an enhanced and more structured teaching staff mobility. A Transform4Europe Chair is a teaching position on a topic relevant to the Alliance priority areas:
- Societal transformation, community building and inclusion
- Digital transformation and smart regions
- Environmental Transformation and sustainability
The exchange envisages teaching and extra-curricular activities, which are specified by each host university. These activities will be based on employing innovative teaching methods, they will bring variety and flexibility to the study processes and will initiate collaboration in research areas of mutual interest to the sending and the host institution as well as to the Alliance as a whole.
Eligible candidates have to:
- be on a teaching/research contract at one of the Transform4Europe universities, holding at least a PhD degree
- demonstrate relevant teaching and research experience in the Transform4Europe priority areas announced by the host university
- demonstrate relevant experience in intercultural communication
- have a working proficiency in English and/or other language(s) as included in the detailed terms of the respective host university
- have overall digital literacy and specific digital skills as included in the detailed terms of the respective host university
- possess knowledge-entrepreneurial mind-set characterized by specific competences that enable them to identify and seize opportunities and ideas, and transform them into social, cultural, or productive value (an asset).
The duration of the Chair Exchange is one semester – combining physical and virtual mobility.
The selected Chairs will be required to deliver
- A minimum of teaching hours at the host university as detailed in the Specific conditions.
- A minimum of 10 teaching hours of extra-curricular activities, i.e. public lectures / consultations with students and PhD students / co-supervision of master theses / meetings with stakeholders / contribution to research / participation in workshops / conferences, etc., as included in the detailed terms of the respective host university.).
Chairs will receive an Erasmus+ KA1 teaching mobility grant covering travel and subsistence from their own university provided they comply with the requirements of their home university.
Chairs are eligible for receiving additional funding provided by the host university to complement the above up to the teaching and research workload specified by the host university according to the outlined specific conditions.
The academics applying for a Transform4Europe Chair position have to submit an online Application form at both the sending and host university.
The selection is done on the basis of the specified evaluation criteria by a Joint Selection Board. The Joint Selection Board is presided by each university in turn.
The names of the outgoing and incoming Chairs are announced on the Transform4Europe website and the dedicated web-spaces of each Alliance member.
Quality – 30 points
- Innovative and interdisciplinary approach
- Goals of the proposed teaching project
- Potential to involve other senior and early-career researchers
Contribution to Transform4Europe goals – 30 points
- Capacity to contribute to the deepening and expanding cooperation between Transform4Europe universities in the long run
Impact – 20 points
- Capacity to outreach a variety of learners
- Engagement in joint research in the Transform4Europe priority areas
- Involvement of external stakeholders
- Capacity to attract external funding
Implementation – 20 points
- Quality of the working plan
- Integration into the host institution academic environment
Тhe application process is open from July 2022 to September 2022. Please check the specific conditions sections of each Alliance University for the concrete deadlines.
In case of queries, please contact:
- Saarland University – Bettina Jochum, email@example.com
- The University of Alicante – Gloria Lillo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Silesia in Katowice – Małgorzata Myśliwiec, email@example.com
- Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski – Tsvetan Bogdanov, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Trieste (Italy) – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania) – Tomas Mickevičius, Transform4Europe@vdu.lt
Read more about the Transform4Europe Chair positions at:
- Duration of the exchange: In the winter semester from October 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023. Lectures will take place from October 24, 2022, to February 10, 2023, or in summer semester from April 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023. Lectures will take place from April 11, 2023, to July 21, 2023.
- Mode of delivery: The lectures can take place fully in presence or combined with online lectures. The actual ratio between physical and online workload will be determined on an individual basis. It is also possible to give the physical lectures as a bloc in Saarbrücken and the online lectures from your home country.
- Main teaching load: Preferred in Transform4Europe priority areas: digital transformation and smart regions, environmental transformation and sustainability, societal transformation and inclusion
- Language requirements: English
- What does Saarland university provide? Accommodation: apartment in the university guest house. Arrangements for families can be made. Book as early in advance as possible.
- Salary: Possibility to sign a contract for a remunerated teaching assignment.
Additional information: The guests will be provided all the facilities and office equipment necessary. Basic utilities for work at the campus (workstation, access to computer, internet, printer, library etc.).
Apply here: www.uni-saarland.de
THE UNIVERSITY OF ALICANTE
- Duration of the exchange: Academic calendar: 12/09/22–23/12/22 (exam period: 11–27/01/23) (for incoming & outgoing)
- Mode of delivery: Physical stay: within a limit of 14 days (for incoming & outgoing)
- Main teaching load: Preferred in Transform4Europe priority areas: digital transformation and smart regions, environmental transformation and sustainability, societal transformation and inclusion. Only applications coming from study areas under previously signed agreements will be accepted.
- Additional extracurricular activities: No additional requirements (for incoming & outgoing)
- Language requirements: Working proficiency in English or Spanish (for incoming). Working proficiency in English (for outgoing)
- University of Alicante offers an additional grant for the selected outgoing candidate (maximum 1 Chair) of 500€ (lump sum)
- What the receiving university provides for incoming Chairs (We will host maximum 1 Chair):
- Accommodation in www.villauniversitaria.com/habitaciones-estandar or similar standard. University of Alicante provides free accommodation for the candidate’s physical stay not covered by the Erasmus+ KA131 from the sending institution and for a total maximum of 14 days of physical stay
- Additional grant: full board in Villa Universitaria only during the period not covered by the Erasmus+ KA131 grant from the sending institution and for a total maximum of 14 days of physical stay.
- Work station: in the corresponding department/research institute
Apply here: cvnet.cpd.ua.es
THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE
- Duration of the exchange: 1.10.2022–19.02.2023 or 27.02.2023–09.07.2023
- Ordinary mode of delivery: 8 hours of contact classes, 22 hours of online classes
- Special mode of delivery: For full professors and associate professors at their universities we can offer for one semester the contract of the visiting professor. The visiting professor must teach 60 hours of classes (45 minutes each). For every hour (45 minutes) we offer 200 PLN (for 20.06.2022: 1 euro=4.65 PLN). The contract establishes this amount in Polish currency. but at the professor’s request, the remuneration is paid in the indicated currency. Classes can be offered in contact way in Katowice, online through the MS Teams system or in the hybride way. After signing the contract, USil creates the Teams account in the university system. 60h of classes are the only obligations of the contract.
- Main teaching load: (in the framework of the Transform4Europe priority areas) – Digital transformation and smart regions, Environmental transformation and sustainability or Societal transformation and inclusion.
- Additional extracurricular activities: (i.e. initiating joint research,
delivering public lectures, etc.)
- One public lecture for the academic community
- One workshop on joint research opportunities
- One workshop for PhD students
- What does the University of Silesia provide for incoming Chairs:
- Accommodation in a university residence apartment during your physical
stay in Katowice.
- Work station at the hosting Faculty.
- Accommodation in a university residence apartment during your physical
- Additional requirements: (proficiency in languages other than English / publications in the field of the particular discipline, etc.)
- English – at least B2
- or Polish – at least B2.
Apply here: forms.office.com
SOFIA UNIVERSITY ST. KLIMENT OHRIDSKI
- Duration of the exchange: The Winter Semester starts on 03.10.2022 and ends on 20.01.2023, the exam period is from 23.01.2023 to 17.02.2023.
- Mode of delivery: A minimum of 10 days onsite at Sofia University. The actual ratio between physical and online workload will be determined on an individual basis. It is also possible to give the physical lectures as a bloc in Sofia and the online lectures from your home country.
- Main teaching load: A minimum of 12 teaching hours in the framework of the Transform4Europe priority areas
- Additional extracurricular activities: a minimum of 10 hours of additional activities, i.e. delivering public lectures, participating in workshops/conferences, initiating joint research, etc.)
- What Sofia University provides for incoming Chairs: Accommodation on a hospitality basis at one of the university apartments; Remuneration for the delivered hours of teaching and additional activities exceeding the teaching hours stipulated in the Erasmus+ KA1 agreement depending signed by the Chair at their home institution.
Apply here: forms.office.com
THE UNIVERSITY OF TRIESTE
- Duration of the exchange: At the University of Trieste, the first semester 2022/2023 runs from 03.10.2022 to 24.02.2023. Lectures at UNITS will take place in the period between 03.10.2022 and 23.12.2023.
- OUTGOING: 5 days maximum + 1- or 2-days travel
- INCOMING: will be decided between applicant Chair and teacher at UNITS
- Mode of delivery: Lectures at the University of Trieste will take place in presence and/or online, according to the Call’s criteria.
- Main teaching load: The ratio between physical and online workload will be determined on an individual basis and according to pandemic situation and financial rules. It is also possible to give physical lectures as a bloc in Trieste and online lectures from home country both for incoming and outgoing Chair.
- Additional extracurricular activities: Meetings with students (on line or in presence on the basis of the pandemic situation); preliminary discussions for future joint research; public lectures or workshops; etc.
- What does University of Trieste provide for incoming Chairs
Staff mobility will take place only on the basis of signed interuniversity ERASMUS agreements between the University of Trieste and hosting Institution.
- OUTGOING: Chairs will receive an Erasmus+ KA1 teaching mobility grant covering travel and subsistence, provided they comply with the requirements of their home university. The University of Trieste will cover expenses only for 1 outgoing Chair (1) on the basis of the ERASMUS+ internal 2022/2023 Call for Teaching Staff mobility, only for the period that will be indicated in this Call, and according to the following scheme:
- Duration: 5 days maximum + 1- or 2-days travel
- Travel will be recognised on the basis of the ERASMUS+ distance calculator
- Individual support based on reimbursement of eligible expenses
Only UNITS professors actively participating in T4EU Project are entitled to apply to UNITS Call.
- INCOMING: Guests will be provided:
- a workstation in the host facility;
- access to computer resources and libraries of the University;
- information about insurance coverage related to the activities to be conducted (eg.. third party liability, access to laboratories, use of equipment, etc.);
- support for accommodation. Trieste University has no university facilities for accommodation of its guests. It will therefore try to facilitate incoming teacher’ search by indicating hotels or other accommodation facilities;
- information about specific risks in the workplace and preventive measures taken in relation to the activity, as well as opening times of University buildings.
Apply here: forms.gle
VYTAUTAS MAGNUS UNIVERSITY
- Duration of the exchange: The autumn semester runs from August 23 2022, to December 23, 2022. Lectures will take place from August 30, 2022, to December 2, 2022.
- Mode of delivery: The lectures can take place fully in presence or in hybrid mode (combined with online lectures). The actual ratio between physical and online workload will be determined on an individual basis but amount of physical workload cannot be less than minimum requirement applicable for Erasmus+ teaching visits. Only online teaching is not acceptable.
- Main teaching load: Preferred teaching load is one course (preferably master/ PhD level) and consultations, plus an additional public lecture to the academic community on a relevant research topic, overall around 40-60 hours. Preferred in Transform4Europe priority areas: digital transformation and smart regions, environmental transformation and sustainability, societal transformation, and inclusion.
- Additional extracurricular activities: Potential cooperation and future joint publications, research projects, joint study programs, etc.
- What does Vytautas Magnus University provide for incoming Chairs: Accommodation, office space, access to libraries and other infrastructure. Salary: Possibility to sign a contract for a remunerated teaching assignment.
- Additional requirements: Good proficiency in English language, holder of a PhD diploma.
- Application deadline August 31st.
Apply here: forms.office.com