Visit in Cieszyn
11 May 2022 | Katowice
On 11 May all participants of Transform4Europe Week visited the Faculty of Arts and Educational Science of the University of Silesia in Cieszyn, where the artistic day was scheduled to take place. It was an opportunity to learn not only the specifics of work carried out at the Faculty but also to discover the most important monuments of the city. The visit started with a performance by the students from the Institute of Music, and the space was made more attractive by the virtue of the displayed works of the students from the Institute of Fine Arts.
The programme also included workshops:
- lithography – participants learned how prints are made from lithographic stone. This was an opportunity to create their own graphic works and to print them with their own hands under a flat printing press;
- glass art workshops – various techniques connected with the creation of works in art glass were presented. Visitors designed and made small mosaic and jewellery forms using the fusing technique, and learned how to fire glass in a hotpot furnace;
- comic book workshop – as part of the meeting, visitors had the opportunity to create their own characters based on prepared materials. The workshop were preceded by an introduction to the creation of a human and the distinctive features of a superhero character;
- psychological portrait – during the art therapy workshop, participants reflected on what failure and success mean to them. They expressed their thoughts using the collage technique,
- vocal workshop,
- stress free memory training with music and movement.
The evening included a presentation of the exhibition “Fauna i zmora” (Fauna and bane) by Paulina Poczęta in the Galeria 12 (ul. Rynek 12) and a concert by the artists from the Institute of Music and the band Madame Jean Pierre (comprised of the graduates of the Institute).
During the visit in Cieszyn, meetings of the Management Board and the four virtual offices created within the framework of the alliance: Virtual Communication Office, Mobility Office, Mobile Entrepreneurs Office, and Quality Assurance Office took place. The representatives of the offices discussed topics related to the tasks of the project and shared good practices.