Innovative Teaching Award
Transform4Europe announces an Innovative Teaching Prize contest among the members of the Alliance: Saarland University; University of Alicante; Estonian Academy of Arts; University of Silesia in Katowice; Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski; University of Trieste; Vytautas Magnus University.
The purpose of this award is to identify, acknowledge and recognize innovative teaching practices and to provide opportunities not only for sharing and exchanging best examples, but also to encourage cooperation between the Higher Education Institutions of the Transform4Europe alliance.
Who can apply: Teaching staff of Transform4Europe alliance partner universities teaching in any BA, MA, PhD programmes.
What content can be provided in an application:
Good practices in the following categories (more than one can be chosen):
- Category 1. The growth of students’ entrepreneurial mindset.
- Category 2. Inclusive teaching and learning in higher education.
- Category 3. Digitally enhanced learning and teaching.
- Category 4. Internationalization of teaching and learning.
Categories are in line with the Transform4Europe alliance’s main horizontal focus areas:
- Digital transformation and smart regions.
- Environmental transformation and sustainability.
- Societal transformation, community building and inclusion.
Where to apply: Application form*
Till when to apply: 31/07/2022
What is important: Evaluation criteria
* For preparation, you can review the application form here.
Why to apply:
- To become a part of an experiential Transform4Europe learning and teaching community.
- To share and exchange your best practices within the alliance.
- To get publicity and promotion of your good practice.
- To find tools for improving your teaching practice and to motivate your students.
- To find partners for possible cooperation between the Higher Education Institutions of the Transform4Europe alliance.
- To receive the Monetary prize for the realization of the innovative teaching practice.
The awards will consist of 2500 € each for the realization of innovative or creative teaching projects (4 awards). Please note that taxes will have to be paid according to each country’s tax system.
The applications will be evaluated, and the winners will be selected by a mixed committee.
The Selection Committee is composed of 7 representatives (one member per institution):
- 3 members of the teaching staff from partner institutions of the Transform4Europe alliance.
- 2 students from partner institutions of the Transform4Europe alliance.
- 2 independent experts (stakeholders, etc.)
Evaluation and awards:
The applications will be evaluated by a mixed committee of experts and students. The evaluation criteria are available here and more information on the process here. The best practices of the awardees will be promoted in social networks, diverse newsletters, and websites. The 4 winners will be awarded during the first annual Transform4Europe international conference-hackathon for the innovative teaching and learning methods in higher education October 24-27, 2022.
The next round of applications will be announced in 2023.
Transform4Europe aims to sustain this prize through sponsoring from partner universities and regional stakeholders, e.g., from the Regional Transformation Network.